The Destination will be an extended session intended for those who wish to see a change of government in 2017 to one with a more progressive social democratic policy agenda and ethos.
The 2015 seminar, to be held in Auckland on April 18 and Wellington on May 10, will pose the critical questions that need to be addressed and answered if the outcome of a change of government is to be realised.
Further sessions are planned for 2016 and 2017.
Basic assumptions are that:
- overall political performance will need to be significantly improved
- fiscal and economic policy will need to be agreed
- credible party political co-operation will be a sine qua non
- political communication will need to gain voter support
- political organisation will need to be based on voter issues
In 2014 Sustainable Aotearoa New Zealand put together two dozen short YouTube videos about the major threats to our current way of life, and some of the actions that are needed to enable a prosperous future for humans on this Earth. They identify an economic system that enables us to live within the capacity to support human life, and the major global drivers that will impact on our future choices.
Here are some links:
- Nicky Hager on Democracy
- Towards a left wing think tank? A response to Sue Bradford by Geoff Fischer
- What might social housing become – Alan Johnson
- A major left wing think tank in Aotearoa—an impossible dream or a call to action?
- Piketty for Dummys
- An Economy for a Resilient World
- The Land is Still Our Life
- Ethics in Finance and the Regulation of the Financial Sector
- ARD Fairburn's 'The Land, Our Life' Revisited
- Flawed theory – failed practice: Light-handed regulation in New Zealand